Monday 21 July 2014

TK Maxx Bargain: Real Techniques Duo-Fiber Brushes Review

                 
 
                                      
 
 
 
Let's start as we mean to go on eh? My name is Zanna and welcome to my new blog! I also have a youtube channel with the same name, FoolsBeauty. Please check it out if you have the time, it's much appreciated. Now the pleasantries are over lets get into the bargainous post of today!
 
These brushes came out a little over a year ago and I always wanted to get my hands on them. They're actually limited edition, and it seemed as though even a year wasn't enough for me to finally cave and buy them! In some stores these aren't available anymore but I have seen a black version of these brushes in Superdrug so they may be bringing it out permanently.
 
Whilst looking at the beauty section in TK Maxx I almost did a little squeal of delight when I saw a bunch of the sets hanging on the bottom peg of the stand. They had the Core Collection, Eye Set and this one. As having received the Core Collection from a friend for my birthday I was torn between buying this set or the Eye Set, although my friend was being an enabler and telling me to get both. In the end what clinched it was that these were going to stop being sold soon, the white ones anyway and I discovered that I could get the eye set for even cheaper on amazon. This set was £16.99 and considering in boots they sell for £23.99 I thought that it was a really good price.
 
These brushes are so soft and lovely. Due to the duo-fibre nature they aren't particularly dense brushes unlike some of the other real techniques ones on offer. This allows makeup to be applied a lot more lightly, so it can gently be built up in order to avoid any makeup mishaps.
 
The face brush I use for powder and it's just the right size to give a lovely dusting on the face to mattify it, although you could use it for blush as well as it is about the right size. The contour brush is perfect for contour although can also be used for highlighter. The fact this brush is duo-fibre is great for contouring because that is one of the areas we all mess up on with the amount applied, this means that those muddy, over contoured cheekbones are no more! The eye brush is great for both blending and applying eyeshadow and I love it a lot. It is tapered to a point which makes it really great for blending.
 
So what do you think? Going to check out your local TK Maxx? I think that's a good idea.
 
Zanna

No comments:

Post a Comment